You may wonder if your Apple AirPods are compatible with your Dell laptop. While it’s true that AirPods work best with Apple products like MacBooks or iPhones, there’s no problem working with Windows laptops. If you’re familiar with the world of Bluetooth, you should have no trouble connecting AirPods to your Dell laptop. Just turn on Bluetooth on your laptop and put your AirPods in pairing mode. If your Dell laptop doesn’t recognize your AirPods, switch the audio input to headphones instead of speakers.
When you connect AirPods to your Dell laptop, the two devices will automatically connect the next time Bluetooth and pairing modes are set. You can still manually connect and disconnect AirPods to your Dell laptop. This article covers the compatibility of AirPods and Dell laptops and how to connect AirPods to Dell laptops. We’ve also provided you with a detailed guide on how to connect AirPods to your Dell laptop. We’ve also included some helpful troubleshooting tips for you. Let’s learn how to connect AirPods pro to a laptop.
Can You Connect AirPods to a Dell Laptop?
AirPods work best with Apple products. However, this is not a problem if you have a Windows laptop instead of a Macbook. AirPods work with any Bluetooth-enabled device. Fortunately, all modern Dell laptops support Bluetooth. If, for some reason, your Dell laptop doesn’t support Bluetooth, plug the Bluetooth dongle into your USB port to establish a connection. Most of us ask how to connect AirPods pro to dell laptop. Well, yes, you can do it by following a few simple steps.
How to Pair AirPods to Dell Laptop
Connecting your Airpods to a Dell laptop works the same as connecting any Bluetooth headset or headset. All you have to do is enable Bluetooth settings on your Dell laptop and enable Airpods pairing mode. Pair your Airpods and Dell laptop to connect. You should hear a slight beep. For more detailed instructions on how to connect airpods to dell laptop windows 10, follow these instructions:
Step 1: Charge your AirPods and Charging Case
Fully charge your AirPods to establish a stable Bluetooth connection. Not fully charging your AirPods will result in stuttering or no connection. If the battery is not full, place the AirPods in the charging case for up to 20 minutes until the battery is charged.
Important Note: It takes about an hour to charge the AirPods charging case fully. A fully charged AirPods case can charge up to 3 or 4 AirPods.
Step 2: Enable Bluetooth Settings in Action Center
- Open the Action Center menu by pressing Windows + A on your keyboard. Right-click Bluetooth and select Open Settings.
- You can also enable Bluetooth by pressing Windows + I on your keyboard. It will open Windows Settings. Navigate to Devices > Bluetooth & other devices.
- Turn on Bluetooth on your Dell laptop.
- The notification “Now discoverable as (your laptop name)” appears.
Moreover, now you have to follow the next steps for connecting airpods.
Step 3: Turn On the Pairing Mode on your AirPods.
- When your AirPods are fully charged, remove them from the charging case.
- Put AirPods in your ears.
- Find the button on the back of the AirPods charging case. Press the button until the light on the charging case starts flashing white.
- Your AirPods are now in pairing mode.
You can also connect your AirPods Pro following the same steps.
Step 4: Connect your AirPods with your Dell laptop.
- Return to your Dell laptop screen. Select Add Bluetooth & other devices on the Bluetooth & other devices menu page. It’s next to the (+) sign above the Bluetooth switch.
- All available Bluetooth devices within range will appear in the list, including your AirPods.
- Select AirPods from the list of available Bluetooth devices, then click Pair.
- You will hear a faint ringtone or beep when your AirPods are connected to your Dell laptop.
Step 5: Adjust Audio Input Settings.
After pairing with AirPods, you’ll need to adjust the audio input settings if your audio continues to play through the speakers. Open the Windows taskbar to adjust input settings:
- Click the speaker icon in the taskbar to launch the sound bar
- Select Headphones over Speakers from the drop-down menu. Select AirPods as the default audio device.
On your Dell laptop, go to the Action Center menu > Settings and select Bluetooth & other devices. Turn on Bluetooth on your Dell laptop. Once the AirPods are fully charged, remove them from the charging case. Long press the charging case button to enter pairing mode. Moreover, on your Dell laptop, click Add Bluetooth & Other Devices. Select AirPods from the list of available devices. Your AirPods are now paired with your Dell laptop. However, if the sound is still coming out of the Dell speakers, switch the audio input from speakers to headphones (AirPod stereo) on the sound control panel.